Top 15 tweasons why you need to engage in social media – written in tweet form of 140 characters:
- To future-proof your business, U need to recognise that younger generations are moving from social networking to social business networking.
- In business, everything starts with a conversation. Social media provides the tools and platforms to start those conversations
- Business must increasingly react in real time. The most recent results & updates are the most relevant to the shared interest community.
- Google never forgets. Build a “long tail” of having given value, provided excellent service and this will help people to trust you on-line.
- Social media facilitates self-publication. “Think like a publisher, not a marketer.” – David Meerman Scott. http://bit.ly/yghC2
- Social media puts the world on a horizontal playing field where everyone has access to the same free tools, the same global audience.
- Social media encourages relationships and advocacy. “New marketing is about the relationships, not the medium.” – Ben Grossman http://bit.ly/v18My
- Social media engagement develops a personal on-line brand, creating visibility and awareness on-line, and creating business exposure.
- “By creating compelling content, you can become a celebrity.” – Paul Gillin http://bit.ly/6HrLc
- We are entering the era of the “linked economy”. In the “linked” economy, a small effort is amplfied by the network.
- Social media engagement works on the law of increasing returns.
- Networks encourage and support the successful to be more successful and business can grow exponentially as a result.
- Twitter is set to be the biggest phenomenon EVER to hit the web. If you’re not at the party, you’re missing out and not relevant. Thomas Power http://bit.ly/12OPvq
- Social media engagement allows you to leverage other people’s time, expertise, and networks.
- Successful implementation of social media makes you the “go to” person for your area of expertise and the products/services you provide
For further training on the use of Web 2.0 and social media please – click here -