Get a flying start to harnessing the power of social media in your business.
- Don’t know your Tweets from your Facebook?
- You’re aware that 15% of all global internet traffic is attributed to social media but you have no idea what all those people are doing or talking about?
- You know more people are communicating via social media than e-mail, but you don’t know how or why?
- You thought that Facebook was for kids but you’ve just heard that Barack Obama is on there.
- You could not see the relevance of having a blog but you’ve just heard that a supermarket “check out girl” has had her blogs published as a book which has now sold over 100,000 copies.
- Feel like there’s a big party going on and you’re sitting on the sidelines?
Lightbulb moment! You need to get started with Social media.
We guarantee that a year from now you’ll be glad you started today!
But what exactly is social media?
This is what what Wikipedia has to say … "Social media is information content created by people using highly accessible and scalable publishing technologies. It is intended to facilitate communications, influence interaction between peers and with public audiences. This is typically done via the Internet and mobile communications networks. The term most often refers to activities that integrate technology, telecommunications and social interaction, and the construction of words, pictures, videos and audio. This interaction, and the manner in which information is presented, depends on the varied perspectives and "building" of shared meaning among communities, as people share their stories and experiences. Businesses also refer to social media as user-generated content (UGC) or consumer-generated media (CGM). Social media are distinct from industrial media, such as newspapers, television, and film. While social media are relatively cheap tools that enable anyone (even private individuals) to publish or access information, industrial media generally require significant financial capital to publish information."
Need some help making sense of all of this? If the answer is "yes", then carry on reading. You need our new Social Media training course:
Duration: One day course
Suitable for: This course has been designed specifically for the small to medium sized business owner to get to grips with social media for marketing, PR, and business exposure. It will also suit PR professionals, marketing professionals, e-commerce professionals, journalists, academics, brand managers, and any other business professional who is interested in understanding new ways of communicating and spreading messages.
- Understanding why old methods of marketing are becoming defunct.
- Understanding that the web is free to use with billions of potential customers who can be reached through social media.
- To understand the role of social media/bookmarking in marketing, on-line visibility, awareness, reputation, branding, building meaningful business relationships, and building trust on-line.
- Understanding where your customer can be found in the on-line world.
- Understanding the value of “contribution currency” and how to participate in networks to achieve maximum exposure of your message.
- Gain practical knowledge of the best platforms and web tools to use for your particular business and how to use them.
- How to leverage time spent on social media activities
- How to monitor your results on social media, using feedback loops to fine-tune your social media campaigns.
You will learn:
- How Barack Obama became the first high profile exponent of social media and how it contributed to his successful Presidential campaign.
- Why social media is vital for businesses or individuals in terms of on-line visibility, reputation, and how it allows you to reach niche markets and customers.
- The importance of “contribution currency” on-line and how you can become an “expert” or “leader”.
- How to “release” yourself and/or your business on-line and the importance of communicating authentically and consistently.
- Which social media platforms are relevant to your business and how to set them up and use them.
- The importance and power of “permission marketing”.
- Why there is growth in transparency, why “Google never forgets” and what this means to your business.
- The impact of having a long “tail”. How and why you need to start now to build a long “tail” of content about your business on-line. (Using tools such as blogs, micro blogs, forums, video, clippings, news book marking etc).
- How to embrace random connections.
- How to understand the distinction between “network” and “contacts” and how to farm them for business.
YOU WILL WALK AWAY FROM THIS COURSE WITH "THE BIG 7" SOCIAL MEDIA SITES SET UP, FUNCTIONING AND READY TO GO!
- Introduction to the course:
- What are we going to cover today?
- What brings you here and what do you want to achieve from today?
Introduction to social media:
- Case studies of social media successes: Barack Obama, Burger King, the author Anna Sam.
- The three C’s of social media success: conversation, community, conversion.
- How and why you need to build a long tail on Google (online CV).
- The importance of understanding that “Google never forgets”.
- Creating your brand on the web
Getting started in social media (practical):
- Understanding the vastness of the social media landscape.
- Introduction to the top ten social media sites and why and how you need to use them.
- Setting up your profiles on these sites, including social networks, business networks, video, photographs, blogging, micro-blogging, clipping, online business cards etc.
- Interlinking these sites to spread your messages.
- How to generate authentic content and find your niche expertise.
- Using “permission marketing” to generate sales.
- Representing yourself on-line in a consistent and authentic fashion to build your personal on-line brand.
Please note: this is a “hands on” and practical course and you will be required to bring your lap top. You will be setting up your own profiles and social media platforms and starting to use them on the training day. You will also be sent some homework in advance to prepare for the course. After the course, you will have FREE access to the forum for support and to remain connected with other delegates.
Why ignoring social media could be the worst business decision you ever made!
- People now communicate more regularly via social networks than they do by email.
- Social networking is not just for teenagers.
- In 2008, 35 – 49 year olds represented the biggest growth segment for the social networking sector. Some people are choosing to ignore Social Media as they think it is "just for kids". It isn’t. Don’t make the same mistake in your business.People spend more time in social networks when they’re online.
- Nielsen Research noted that, here in the UK, one in every six minutes online, was being spent in, or on, the social networking websites making them stand out clearly as the places where more and more people are choosing to connect.
- Social Media can build a community around your business.
- Don’t make the mistake either of thinking that you need to be a corporate to build a community around your business using Social Media. It works brilliantly for small businesses too.
- Despite the recession, most marketers are increasing their spend on Social Media
Some mind-blowing statistics: The time it has taken different products or services to reach a market audience of 50 million is as follows:
- Radio 38 years
- TV 13 years
- Internet 4 years
- iPod 3 years
- Facebook 2 years and growing at the rate of 1000’s per day!
- Twitter 25 million users in 2 years
THAT is why you need social media and you need our training course. Reach a global market of millions of people using free resources and organic content! Start Today … Social media starter package. ONLY £350 + VAT Price includes:
- Course notes
- Internet Connection
- FREE follow-up and support on the forum
- On purchase, you will be emailed some homework which prepares you for the course, and will enable you to walk away from the course with the BIG 7 platforms up and running and a social media strategy in place specific to your business.
Next event date:
24th June at the Mandolay Hotel, 36-40 London Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 2AE . FULLY BOOKED
14th July at the Mandolay Hotel, 36-40 London Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 2AE . FULLY BOOKED
13th July at the Mandolay Hotel, 36-40 London Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 2AE . FULLY BOOKED
13th August at the Mandolay Hotel, 36-40 London Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 2AE . Places available
14th September at the Mandolay Hotel, 36-40 London Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 2AE . Places available
13th October at the Mandolay Hotel, 36-40 London Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 2AE . Places available
Next dates TBA
From 8.30 to 18.00. Please note: As this is very "hands on", intensive training day with lots of personal attention, we have to limit the numbers to a maximum of 12 people per course. On purchase you will receive an e-book including some homework, this will allow you to start the training day with ease and "hit the ground running".
There are some useful tips in the book as well.
ONLY £350 + VAT
Click on the button below to get regular up-dates, web information, web feeds, free stuff …
Click here to register